“To travel with family is not only you can share the great memories together, but also a chance to tighten up the relationship with family members. A healthy relationship with family is the key to a happy life.”
Once you take a vacation to Samui with your family, it might be a little complicated to decide where is the most suitable place to stay with your family. Someplace suitable for big family and kids than others. Check out the differences between each area and more details you might need to know before plan your trip here.
The most famous and the busiest beach in Samui. Home to many beach bars and clubs line up the street. Not only famous for nightlife, but Chaweng is also packed with activities for family and kids. Enjoy water activity at Aqua Park or stroll around and shopping at Central Festival, etc.
The Beach: With over 5 km. white sand beach and packed up with activities, water sports, entertainment venues, and shopping facility.
- Walking Street: The road gets crowded after 5 pm where people cruising for a drink, souvenir shopping and many restaurants.
- Night Market: Chaweng night market is full of street food options, lots of things to buy and cheaper alcohol as well.
- Central Festival Samui: An outdoor shopping complex.
- Aqua Park: A fun beach activity located in front of Monkey Bay Bar&restuarant, the central part of Chaweng. Featured floating devices and safety guard.
Bophut is the seaside village located on the North coast of Koh Samui, one of the few places on Samui that retails the island’s original Thai-Chinese atmosphere. The area becomes more popular and well-known its shopping street and night market in the Fisherman’s village area, the streets of a charming village that lined with wooden Chinese shop houses, coffee shops, and restaurants. This beach is great for the family trip as all the family members can enjoy shopping for various products from handmade accessories, upscale shops to second hands electronics.
The Beach: Sweeps down several kilometers between Big Buddha and Maenam Beach.
- Fisherman Village: The beautiful and locally artsy marketplace. The best way to appreciate local souvenir shops along the street of Bophut. This place is always packed with tourists especially on Friday night where the whole street will close up for a night market.
- The Wharf Samui: The combination of outdoor shopping mall and a marketplace located in the heart of Bophut
See more about Bophut.
Lamai is slightly more quiet and peaceful than Chaweng and Bophut. It is Samui’s second largest area for resort and accommodations. You can bring your family to relax at the spa, relieve the tiredness by massage, do yoga and rejuvenation courses that available in hotels and resorts.
The Beach: Lamai beach offers laid back and calms vibe. The famous spot is Hin Ta Hin Yai rocks which mean Grandpa and Grandma rocks as the shape of the rocks looking like male and female genitalia.
- Lamai Night Plaza: Located in the center of the town. This night market is the smaller version Patpong night plaza. The market selling a wide range of products mainly souvenir.
- Swing Bar: One of the great places for Lamai nightlife. This place you can enjoy local cocktails made from Sang Som or Vodka serving in a bucket while watching fire dances.