Thailand has numbers of popular places that attract tourists every time throughout the year. Thailand weather consists 3 main seasons included cool, hot and rainy season. The best time to visit Thailand depending on which part of Thailand you’re planning to visit. although the seasons period is varying in length and intensity from year to year.
Best Time to Visit Thailand by Month
❄️ Cool (December-February) this season started in late November and lasted long until early January, it is the best time to stroll around the city without covered with sweats.
- December-March is the best time for beaches and island tour where the weather is sunny, dry and not too burning hot to walk outside.
- This is the best time for sightseeing the popular attraction in Bangkok such as The Grand Palace, Bangkok’s No 1 must-see attraction.
- Best time to stroll around Chinatown (Yaowarat Road), the colorful little Chinese community, the great attraction for street foods, cultural and shopping places lined up on the side street.
- You can stay outside to admire stunning temples at daytime, cruising on the Chaopraya River or visit the beautiful gardens in Thailand.
- Is the pleasant time of the year to visit Thailand, although temperatures can still be able to reach 35c in the middle of the day.
- If you want to experience the coldest part of Thailand, go to the North and try camping activity. Or see different type of flowers that decorated for plant and garden content in Chiang Rai ASEAN Flower Festival.
☀ Hot (March-Beginning of June) through the hot weather,
- The hottest month of the year are April and May, let’s say unbearable hot that even the locals have to avoid the sun and hide under the roof in the daytime.
- In April, the China Town is hosting dragon parade, firecrackers, dancing in the street and free foods on early morning on The Qingming Festival.
- From April 13 – 15, Thailand has the famous festival called “Songkran festival” or Thai New Year which takes place in mid-April, bringing the entire family members to gather up for celebration and water splashing activity.
- The best thing to do is to hit the beach.
- The North of Thailand will be slightly hotter than the other parts of Thailand in March and May.
☔ Rainy (Late June-October)
- The rainy season start in late May and lasts until October or November.
- The weather is still warm and humid during the daytime with showers on most days to cool down the temperature
- June-July is the beginning of rainy season where you can get a great deal on Hotel and excursion.
- September-October is Thailand rainiest month, try to avoid coming to Thailand this time except you expect to be wet
- In the South, rainy season will hit the Andaman sea harder than anywhere else in the country you better try to avoid going to the beach on rainy season
- The beginning of high season started from late November where the weather drying out from the rain and slowly step into cool weather. It is generally the best time to travel anywhere in Thailand which taking place from November – January where the weather is cool and comfortable with slight sunlight but not as high temperature.
- In case you want to know what to do during June-July
As the conclusion,
- Generally speaking, the best time to visit Thailand is from November to the beginning of February where the weather is still cool and in the high season.
- If you expect the sun all day long then you should come in hot season (from March to the beginning of June) but bring the proper quality sunscreen to prevent damage to your skin. do not underestimate Thailand’s sunlight, otherwise, your skin will get the sunburn.
- If you plan to come to Thailand during rainy season you should do a proper research of what to bring, which kind of clothes you should be packing and where in Thailand.
This post is also available in: বাংলা (Bangla)