Thailand most fabulous island, Koh Phi Phi has attracted thousands of people for many years. Even though the weather on the island remains hot throughout the year, but the rainy season here is not as bad as you imagined. The things that might limit your trip are the rough seas rather than the rain. There are many things you can do on the mainland or even at the beach.
1. Scuva Diving
Surprisingly in many cases believe that diving is not suitable when it rains, but it depends on the rain conditions if it’s light or intense. In fact, a rainfall drags plenty of nutrients and worms to the sea, attracted many small fishes to eat those things. Therefore, the bigger fishes will attract by those small fishes as well. You will be able to see many kinds and sizes of fish underwater during your diving. Even though the underwater world will be less light, so you might need to stay close to your buddy or the boat.
Tips: swimming or diving when the rain is not heavy. Avoid diving or being in the water during a storm.
Phi Phi Diving Centers:
2. Massage, Spa and Yoga
Take a pause on your outdoor activities and pamper yourself with a relaxing spa or massage. Practice yoga at the spa hotel beside the beach. Restore your mind with a selection of therapies. The resort/hotel in Phi Phi with massage and spa,
- Phi Phi Cliff Beach Resort
- Phi Phi Andaman Beach Resort
- Phitharom Phi Phi Resort
3. Take Cooking Class
Taking a Cooking Class in Koh Phi Phi is a Must-Do. When most of the traveler come to Phi Phi to spend most of the time for outdoor activities. but when it rains, you have not much choice but to stay inside and find something to do. Cooking class is one of the popular choices for tourists when they come to Thailand no matter whether it rains or not.
- For those who want to maximize the time on Phi Phi, we recommend the 1.5 hours class where you will make approximately three classic Thai dishes.
- For those who want to escape the rain any longer, we recommend the 3 hours class where you will be able to make three Thai dishes of your own choice. At the end of the day, sit back and watch the sunset behind the horizon of the turquoise waters whilst eating your own handmade dishes.
4. Exercise at the Fitness Center
As a traveler you can have a decent workout place in Koh Phi Phi, a great way to spend your time while it’s raining outside. Vacation and holidays are a time of relaxation and great foods. However, you need to work off those weights you might gain during holidays. The Fitness center can be found in most of Phi Phi Island Resorts from simple collection of weight to premium equipment.
- Phi Phi Banyan Villa Gym has the most developed collection of fitness equipment with cardio room, weight room, sauna, dance room and other facilities make this place a top gym in Koh Phi Phi.
Rainy weather allowed you to enjoy live music, DJ’s, party games and buckets local cocktails in Phi Phi local bars. See the lists of best bars and clubs in Koh Phi Phi below:
- PP Princess Pool Party – Koh Phi Phi: A fun daytime party place. This place also hosts the pool party.
- Reggae Bar: A bar with Thai Boxing ring, A place where you can watch Muay thai while sipping a cocktail.
- Sunflower Beach Bar & Restaurant: Chill vibe bar suitable for spending your evening watching sunset and rainfalls.
- Relax Bar: Thai style bar with wooden furniture and high ceiling.
- Rolling Stoned Bar: One of the most popular bar in Tonsai Village. Often host live band playing pop, blues, rock, hard rock and reggae.
- Carpe Diem: Another chill bar in Tonsai Village with large terrace and wooden building. Playing cool live music and beach dance party.